Friday, August 27, 2010

TGIF

This week has been a little tough. One day while washing my hands about a hundred times in between making gluten food and gluten free food, and cleaning the counters over and over I realized, there are only 2 places I will ever feel completely relaxed eating again in my life, my house and my mothers house. Aside from my being gluten free, my daughter is allergic to nuts, so if I'm not worrying about her, I'm worrying about my food. It's a lot of work to prepare all my meals now and I always enjoyed going out to eat or to someone's house, but it will never be the same. No more just enjoying cocktails and someone else's cooking. Boy...I miss just eating and not worrying! It seems the tables have turned and now the most relaxing meals are those I prepare.

1 comment:

  1. So what happened? Looks like you only did 3 posts on here, or am I not looking in the right place?
    I discovered your blog because I was thinking of doing one with that name (Gluten-less Maximus) as I have a similar recent diagnosis and have decided to blog about it. Guess I will have to think up a new name... bummer cuz it isn't even actually being actively used :(

    Anyway, I hope you are doing well with your health issues and that you have found good ways of dealing with them. I would love to read your stuff if you ever start back up again.

    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete